Entrepreneur Carol Roth claimed that one of her favorite benefits of hiring a business coach is that “I get . . . to talk about and focus on nothing other than me, my problems, my opportunities, my goals, and did I mention me?” She explains that, even though she has friends who would be willing to listen to her business concerns, many of them do not have the business knowledge that she needs. With a dedicated business coach, she has professional help spotting problems, prioritizing, and making smart business decisions.
Booming Business in Austin
Austin has received national attention for its thriving technology, business, and startup scenes. If you’re a business owner in Austin, you’re far from alone. Consider the following statistics, courtesy of Enola Labs:
- Austin ranked #1 on Forbes’ list of cities with the strongest expansion in tech sector employment. Austin saw a 73.9% expansion from 2004 to 2014 and a 36.4% growth in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) jobs.
- “Advanced industries” positions, or jobs in aerospace engineering, oil and gas extraction, and wireless telecommunications, accounted for 12.1% of all Austin jobs. These advanced industries positions produced more than $24 billion in economic output (nearly 25% of Austin’s economy as a whole).
- It’s predicted that, in 2017, 1 out of every 5 tech jobs in Texas will be created in Austin.
- The biggest growth industries are predicted to be: engineering services, computer systems design services, and customer computer programming services.
- The field of software development is expected to add at least 1,200 new job openings in Austin by December 2017.
- Nearly 3.6 million square feet of Austin office space will be absorbed between 2015 and 2017.
- Austin was ranked #7 on Nerdwallet’s ranking of best cities for recent grads. The factors considered included unemployment rate, percentage of residents in their 20s, rent as a percentage of income, and median earnings.
- Austin’s median income for residents over 25 with a bachelor’s degree is $45,377.